Washington DC : Over the past 24 hours, the U.S. has deployed more than 50 fighter jets to the Middle East. Independent flight-tracking data and military aviation monitors have recorded multiple F-22, F-35, and F-16 fighter jets heading toward the region.
This development came to light during the second round of talks between the U.S. and Iran in Geneva on Tuesday. Differences remain between the two countries over issues related to the nuclear agreement.
U.S. Vice President J.D. Vance stated that Iran is not ready to accept the terms set by President Donald Trump. In an interview with Fox News, Vance said that while some parts of the negotiations were positive, many key issues remain unresolved.
These statements indicate that the ongoing discussions over Iran’s nuclear program are still in a delicate phase. Trump has already made it clear that if Iran does not comply with U.S. demands, America is prepared to use force.
The U.S. has also sent aerial refueling tankers to the Middle East. Several tankers were observed accompanying the fighter jets, indicating that the aircraft are preparing for prolonged operations.
Meanwhile, a U.S. official told the media that the USS Gerald R. Ford Aircraft Carrier Strike Group has departed from the Caribbean, reached the mid-Atlantic, and is heading toward the Middle East, with an expected arrival in the next four to five days.
According to news agency AP, an official speaking on condition of anonymity for security reasons said that the Ford is accompanied by three guided-missile destroyers: USS Mahan, USS Bainbridge, and USS Winston Churchill.
Earlier, the USS Abraham Lincoln and other key U.S. air and naval assets had already been deployed to the region earlier this year, further strengthening America’s military presence in the Middle East.